Friday 8 March 2013

India's Population and Family Planning Policy

In 1952, India was the first country in the world to launch a national programme, emphasizing family planning to the extent necessary for reducing birth rates to stabilize the population at a level consistent with the requirement of national economy.We two, ours two ("Hum do, hamare do" in Hindi) is a slogan meaning one family, two children and is intended to reinforce the message of family planning thereby aiding population control. All forms of modern mass communication media plus traditional cultural media were used to develop social support for the idea of the small family. After 1952, sharp declines in death rates were, however, not accompanied by a similar drop in birth rates. The National Health Policy, 1983 stated that replacement levels of total fertility rate (TFR) should be achieved by the year 2000.




In general, direct efforts on the part of government to promote family planning have had only limited success in India. In large part this has been due to the factors which have traditionally operated in Indian culture and society to promote large families. Initial policies which formed clinics expecting that the people would come out on their own failed due to deep rooted tradition and the need of people for the labor. It was in the 1960’s where the mode of population policies had changed from clinics to home visits by family planning workers to bring awareness among people. Despite these efforts the population of India continued to grow at an alarming rate which led to the establishments of infamous sterilization camps in 1976-77 but the political situation of the country along with the widespread negative publicity made the government to suspend the sterilization program.



Here, however, it might be noted that the most common family planning modes have proven difficult to implement under Indian conditions. Where government efforts are concerned, only three methods are advocated: sterilization (vasectomy for fathers and tubectomy for mothers), IUDs and condoms. Sterilization has traditionally met with strong resistance among uneducated sectors of the population who associate it with loss of femininity As it is often irrevocable, it has been a source of concern in a society where couples who may already have several children risk losing some or all of them as a result of such factors as epidemics, earthquakes or floods.


In regard to IUD, which has been promoted since its introduction in India in 1963, the method has not proven popular because of the relative frequency of excessive bleeding and involuntary expulsion (which is less frequent). Taking note of the fact that in traditional Indian society gynecology, obstetrics and other fields requiring intimate contact and conversation with women are invariably reserved to female doctors only, the real problem is the lack of sufficient numbers of dedicated women physicians who are willing to work in rural areas and spend some time in pre-insertion and post-insertion follow-up of their patients. The third major mode of contraception-condom use has seen a marked increase in usage in India in recent years; however, much of this increase has been due less to family planning concerns but to fear of AIDS.




Government is offering incentives for families accepted for sterilization. Facilities offered by government to its employees are limited to two children only. Only those with two or fewer children are eligible for election to a Gram Panchayat or local government.

With National Population policies in 2000 India came up with many targets and objectives for the future. They are
  • To fulfill the unmet need for the contraception, strengthening the health infrastructure, and integrating services for reproductive and child health. 
  • Effective implementation of inter sector strategies so as to reduce the TFR of India by 2010. 
  • To sustain economic growth, Social development, Eco conservation and stabilize the population by 2045. 
Though India has set a target of 2.1 for TFR by 2010 we are still at a national average of 2.6 and 12 states have already reached the target of 2.1. A new initiative had been launched in 2010 in which contraceptives will be delivered door to door by community health workers and substantial amount of $12 billion had already been spent over the past 7 years by our government for improving health infrastructure.




13 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know that from when the policy of"we two ours two" started?

    ReplyDelete
  3. गर्भ निरोधक इंजेक्शन की जानकारी

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small family happy family,☺️☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. The greatest Joy in my life today is that i have been cured of Herpes by a Doctor called Dr. Ishiaku, I was infected with HERPES Disease in 2019, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution,so that my body can be okay. Until one faithful day as i was browsing on the internet I saw a testimony on how Dr. ishiaku has helped people in curing Herpes and other diseases, quickly copied his WhatsApp number so i contacted him for solution for my Herpes disease, So Dr. Ishiaku told me that his going to prepare his herbal medicine for my health which he sent to me, luckily after 2week my Herpes was cured. Dr Ishiaku is well recognize as one of the best herbalist doctor in Africa, you don't have to be sad anymore or cry anymore on this disease when the cure is available. The medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT,there's no special diet when taking the medicine. He also cure ALS, HIV AIDS, CANCER, HPV, DIABETES and lots more.
    For enquiries:
    E-mail: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com
    WhatsApp: +2348180828544

    ReplyDelete
  7. The greatest Joy in my life today is that i have been cured of Herpes by a Doctor called Dr. Ishiaku, I was infected with HERPES Disease in 2019, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution,so that my body can be okay. Until one faithful day as i was browsing on the internet I saw a testimony on how Dr. ishiaku has helped people in curing Herpes and other diseases, quickly copied his WhatsApp number so i contacted him for solution for my Herpes disease, So Dr. Ishiaku told me that his going to prepare his herbal medicine for my health which he sent to me, luckily after 2week my Herpes was cured. Dr Ishiaku is well recognize as one of the best herbalist doctor in Africa, you don't have to be sad anymore or cry anymore on this disease when the cure is available. The medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT,there's no special diet when taking the medicine. He also cure ALS, HIV AIDS, CANCER, HPV, DIABETES and lots more.
    For enquiries:
    E-mail: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com
    WhatsApp: +2348180828544

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly herbs have proven to be the best remedy for hepatitis and i want to share this to the entire public on how Dr Ose cure me from hepatitis A with his herbs, I never believe it will work because the doctors keep saying there is no cure but i was desperate and needed to get this thing out of my body. I saw a comment online testifying how Dr Ose cure her from hepatitis C and hpv and i contact Dr Ose and explain my problem to him and he prepare the cure and send it to me through UPS,which i use it just the way He instructed me and thank God today am a beneficiary to these cure. I went to my doctor for checkup after 7days of taking the herbs and i was tested Hepatitis A negative and my doctor told me that the virus is completely gone from my system. So i will tell you all who is looking for a cure to his/her HIV/AIDS and HERPES that Dr Ose took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cure my Uncle and his wife from HPV. Dr Ose heals with natural herbs. Please i urge you to contact him now through his email address: droseherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my husband. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and she told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my husband know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Zuma zuk spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. BUY CDC COVID-19 REGISTERED VACCINATION RECORD CARD AT +1 (901) 878-9747

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello everyone, Now this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solution. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr.Ayomide a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from Genital herpes, this i had suffered from for the past 2years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine he sent to me to drink for about 9days . 3days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Genital Herpes NEGATIVE. I'm sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Ayomide because I got to know him through a friend he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don't die in ignorance and don't let that illness take your life. Contact Dr.Ayomide through his email address;ayomideherbalhome@gmail.com You can also call him or WhatsApp him on:+2348062443909 Thank you Dr. Ayomide. Be kind enough to share as you received.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. Silver and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Silver telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. Silver (drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address ( drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com you can contact him also on WhatsApp +2348120513902

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injection Can't cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of HSV, Hepatitis B, diabetics, HIV, ALS,  etc by DR.AKHIGBE herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B for the past 7 years but DR.AKHIGBE cured me with his herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too. I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no harm in trying herbs. Contact DR.AKHIGBE on email drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or WhatsAAP him +2349021374574.. .. ..

    ReplyDelete